Watch historic footage of our church being built in one day!
Church of the Roses Timeline
Hugh Codding offered six lots in Montgomery Villiage for the construction of a protestant church. The Presbytery of San Francisco accepts Codding's offer.
Presbytery of San Francisco purchases two additional lots for the church. Selects the Rev. William Bowen as organizing pastor.
June 21, 1952
The Presbyterian Church in Montgomery Village is built in one day.
First wedding in the sanctuary.
June 22, 1952
First Sunday worship services conducted by Rev. William Bowen.
June 23, 1952
Congregational meeting to organize the church.
First Sunday School classes begin with 39 people
Sanctuary enlarged by 30 feet to accommodate attendance of 96.
January 2, 1953
Church is officially chartered with 137 charter members. The name is changed to “Church of the Roses.”
January 9, 1953
First Session meeting of 12 elders. Budget of $7,800 is adopted
January 3, 1954
Bell installed and rung on first anniversary